[CentOS] Re: sendmail not sending after reboot

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jun 9 20:53:33 UTC 2008

on 6-9-2008 1:44 PM Ray Leventhal spake the following:
> <big snip>
>> All your Daemon_options (`port... definitions are turned off (dnl).
>> You have effectively told sendmail to not listen to anybody.
>> At a minimum you need "DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1,
>> Name=MTA')" turned on for local mail to move, or
>> "DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')" to listen to all interfaces.
>>
> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I had this in the file posted:
> dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
>
> but I"ll change it to
>
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')
> based on your suggestion.
>
> Thanks,
> -Ray
What you posted was the sendmail.mc file. That might not be the options your
system was running on if you never actually ran it through the macro
processor. As I was looking through the rest of the thread, it looks as if you
are not running on the settings in the sendmail.mc file. Do you run webmin on
this server, as it will allow you to make changes directly in your sendmail.cf
file.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and