[CentOS] Help!

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Tue Jun 10 14:33:39 UTC 2008

    Folks, I have a bit of a problem and can't seem to figure out what
is getting broken or why.  I've been pulling my hair out trying to get
clamav or clamav-milter to install and permit yum update to continue.
What is happening is this:  I yum install the clamav package, but when I
try to do an update on the system, it constantly returns with an error
of a Missing Dependency for clamd and clamav-db.  I've installed and
erased clamav several times, and that's the only way I can do a yum
update on the system.  The files are coming from sourceforge, and the
version is 0.93-2.el4rf.  Perhaps I'm not installing in the correct
sequence or something, so could someone please tell me how to go about
getting all the dependencies for the clamav package?  This is the x86_64
version I've been working with.

Many thanks....

Sam