[CentOS] Apache jserv monitoring?

Jeff jlar310 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 01:51:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are any of you aware of tools for monitoring apache jserv, either from
> localhost or by connecting to port 8008 over the network?  I really
> want to find out if there is a way to detect a "sick" JVM other than
> getting a bunch of down URL alerts on my phone.

The Sun JDK provides tools for pulling info from a running JVM.

Not jserv (time for an upgrade?) specific, but attaches directly to
the underlying JVM. The one I've played with is jmap. Of course, you
need to be running a recent JVM. I do not proclaim to be an expert
with these tools, but it may be of some use in your situation.