[CentOS] Re: Re: Not seeing all memory in CentOS 5.1 x86_64

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:05:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:31 AM, henry ritzlmayr <centos at rc0.at> wrote:

> I evaluated VMware Server myself (v1.0.3) and at that time, Disk I/O was
> pretty bad within a virtual machine. The only solution I found was XEN
> with paravirtualization. Has there been any progress on that with later
> releases?

I couldn't say - I mainly use VMWare so I can run the two or three
Window$ applications I can't get (or can't find for a good price) on
Linux.  Performance is not really an issue, and most of the disk
access I do is via samba to my host disks.  I avoid using the virtual
disks as much as possible.

HTH.

mhr