[Fwd: Re: [CentOS] School Server Setup]

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Wed Jun 11 21:59:05 UTC 2008

William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 16:22 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > I now officially hate you, because you broke my brilliantly laid out
> > retort.
>
> Retort? I could've sworn it was a troll. ;->

Na, no troll.

> The reply stating a favorite was an opinion, possibly useful to the OP
> if he investigated.  As a suggestion, the poster had no obligation to
> offer supporting facts, evidence, research, etc.

Sorry, there is one thing I really don't like: Giving out advice without
telling why. Because it is really useless for the guy who got that
advice. Why should he follow down that path? Why was he given that
advice? Is there really a reason to put some research time into that
advice?

> In this regard, it was no different than *many* other opinions on many
> topics offered on the list that don't support a suggestion with rigorous
> analytical processes. And as usual, the OP can request more info or
> google.

Yes. Opinions. Opinions are good, but should be backed up - and not only
when you're queried why you have that opinion.

> And FYI, I've seen yellow and green fire trucks somewhere in the several
> places I've lived. And trees that are red (redwoods in northern
> California).

Good thing  I live in Europe :)

Cheers,

Ralph