[CentOS] Reg. setting Domain name on Cento 5 pc

Padmaja R

urvthme at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 07:51:05 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am running centos 5.1 and I wish to change the domain name and
dnsdomainname of my PC. currently the settings are--

$ hostname
sipx.com
$ hostname --fqdn
sipx.com
$ domainname
(none)
$ dnsdomainname
com

I have searched in the net for tips but everywhere only the hostname change
is provided. I need to change/set the domain name and the dnsdomain name on
my pc to sipx.com and this should be a permanent one across system reboots.
Please let me know how to do this.  The domain name settings are required
for a networking/ SIP telephony applications that I am running but it is
internally in the LAN, so I think the name sipx.com if chosen as my pc's
domain name will not cause any conflict with the external domain names in
the Internet.

Thank You