[CentOS] Desktop Effects -- questions/issues

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Jun 17 00:51:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 08:40:11PM -0400, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2008, at 12:39, fred smith wrote:
>
> >Enabling from the gnome menu doesn't exactly work compltely, one
> >needs to
> >google around a bit to find out the remaining magic incantations to
> >make
> >it fully work. So, I've done that and it's working.
>
> Can you enlighten the rest of us?  That is, post the instruction on
> how to do this either on the wiki or on this list?  It's been on my
> list of things to try, but things have been to busy lately to devote
> some time to this...

Actually, I found it right on the Centos wiki:

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/Compiz?highlight=(compiz)

what I haven't yet figured out is how to turn it all OFF should
I decide to revert.

Oh, and one other small issue: Now when I grab the edge of a window
and drag to resize it, it no longer gives me the little popup that
shows the size of the window (i.e., an xterm or similar).
I assume it's a function of the window decorator, but have no clue
how one accesses/modifies it.

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.