[CentOS] Apache jserv monitoring?

Andrea Dell'Amico adellam at sevenseas.org
Tue Jun 17 18:20:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 13:09 -0500, Sean Carolan wrote:
> I found this on the mod_jk howto from the apache site:
>
> *********************
> For example the following directives will send all requests ending in
> .jsp or beginning with /servlet to the "ajp13" worker, but jsp
> requests to files located in /otherworker will go to "remoteworker".
>
>     JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
>     JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
>     JkMount /otherworker/*.jsp remoteworker
>
> You can use the JkMount directive at the top level or inside
> <VirtualHost> sections of your httpd.conf file.
> *********************
>
> I just need to figure out how to get the equivalent JkMount command to
> replace the old ApJServMount from before.  If anyone has an idea how
> this is done please let me know.  Most of the documentation I have
> read is tomcat-specific, whereas I am not actually using this to
> connect to a modern Tomcat server.

It doesn't matter. You can use the ajp12 connector if your application
server doesn't support ajp13.

The server URL (remoteworker in the above example) has to be configured
in a different file.
You'll find two example files attached. mod_jk.conf has to be included
by httpd.conf, workers.properties is referred by mod_jk.

ciao
andrea
--
To err is human; to forgive, infrequent.
- Franklin P. Adams