[CentOS] Centos 5.2 and Xen

Luke S Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Wed Jun 18 05:09:20 UTC 2008

Ruslan Sivak <russ at vshift.com> writes:

> Luke S Crawford wrote:
> > It is PAE.

> If it's PAE, then I'm a bit confused, as they advertise it as "*Native
> 64-bit hypervisor:* Scalability and support for enterprise
> applications"

heh.  looks like I wasn't paying attention.  A long time ago, I believe the
xensource product (3.1?) was i386-PAE only-  and 32-on-64 is 32-PAE
on 64, so you won't be able to run non-pae 32-bit guests in paravirt
mode.

> Well I have up to 4GB of run windows and I can have the other 4GB for
> dom0, so if I can get OpenVZ or linux vserver running on there, I can
> use that to run my linux VM's.

But xenexpress limits you to 4Gb of physical ram total
see http://www.xensource.com/Documents/XenServer41ProductOverview.pdf
so if you have 4Gb in the DomU, you can't use another 4Gb in the Dom0