[CentOS] Commercial Support for CentOS 5 or above

Wed Jun 18 14:45:05 UTC 2008

On 6/16/08, Daniel Chen (yongnche) <yongnche at cisco.com> wrote:
> I saw there's one "Commercial Support" in "Support" menu on CentOS main
> page, but it's blank. Actually I'm looking for the commercial support
> for CentOS, is there anyone or organization which is doing this?
> Thank you very much.

Daniel: I see this, on the home page of the CentOS web site:
"Commercial support is offered via a number of vendors." and when I
click on the link, as you wrote, there's nothing there.... If you need
to pay someone to help you with a Server, occasionally, and you cannot
find someone here on this mailing list, I suggest that you look in the
Forums on <http://www.webhostingtalk.com/>  probably in the Dedicated
Server Forum or in the Technical & Security Issues Forum, you will see
references to people who are recommended (or not recommended).

You may be in the position where you do not need a Managed Server
(costly and may not include the services you need), and where
occasional help, to Secure the server or install & configure something
is what you need.

Probably you would be in the same position, with RHEL that you are
with CentOS. This mailing list is excellent, but, you may need someone
with the expertise to SSH into your Server and do the job for you.

If you do not need the  resources of a Dedicated Server, or a VDS;
Shared Hosting or a Semi Dedicated (Managed) account may be what you
need. Keeping a server that is online updated and secure can be a PITA
and if it is attacked and taken over by someone else, you will have a
much bigger problem. One of my web sites, on Shared Hosting, was
attacked, about 7  years ago, and it's nice to have people who do this
all day, every day, take care of the problems for you. HTH, Lanny