[CentOS] Pulling Hair Out - TWiki 4.2 on CentOS 5

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 17:30:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 5:11 AM, Chuck <chuck.carson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Once I build a system and bring it to our defined baseline, I rarely use rpm
> from that point forward...I custom roll almost everything -- especially
> apache. (red hat's layout makes my skin crawl) When did CPAN become so bad?
> It was the defacto standard and source of truth for perl modules 10 years
> ago. I trust CPAN over any rpm provided by red hat. Maybe things have
> changed, it has been several years since I got down and dirty with perl
> modules...

If your distrust of Red Hat is so high, one has to wonder why you're
using CentOS at all.

No insult or deprecation intended, it's just that there are many Linux
options around, enough of them free.

Personally, I like the stability and reliability of CentOS (RHEL)
enough to put up with any inconveniences I have found so far.
Besides, the support on this list is sublime.

mhr