[CentOS] Re: lvm with iscsi devices on boot

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jun 19 18:48:20 UTC 2008

on 6-19-2008 11:42 AM Raja Subramanian spake the following:
> Hi All,
> My CentOS 5.1 server is using iSCSI attached disks connecting
> to a dual controller storage array.  I have also configured multipathd
> to manage the multiple paths.  Everything works well, and on
> boot the dev nodes are automatically created in /dev/mapper.
> On these devices, I have created logical volumes using lvm2.
> My problem is that lvm does not recognize these iscsi/multipath
> volumes on boot up.  I need to manually run "vgchange -ay"
> and mount the logical volumes by hand.
> I tried running the vgchange and mount commands from
> /etc/rc.local, but that has no effect.  I have verified that
> /etc/rc.local itself is executing correctly.
> What do I need to put in my boot up scripts so logical volumes
> in iscsi/multipathd devices are automatically recognized on boot?
> TIA!
> - Raja
LVM initialization is fairly early in the init. It is probably running long
before your iscsi connector is starting. Maybe you could try moving its
startup earlier?

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!