[CentOS] Could not start X window

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 07:09:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:56:40 +1000
> hce <webmail.hce at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've just installed CentOS version 5 on a laptop Acer ASPIRE 5920.
>
> I suspect that laptop has one of the "really new" Intel graphic chipsets.  This
> isn't a bad thing, but the path of least resistance would be to install Fedora
> 8 or 9 on it instead of Centos for the time being, as Fedora will have the newer
> Intel video drivers that should support your chipset.

You are right, the CentOS version 5 does not support the video driver
of the Intel graphic chipset. The FC9 works fine. Now the question is
where can I download video driver for CentOS 5? Or, is there anything
I can do to work around to resolve this problem? I have to use this
version of CentOS which our development was based on.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim