[CentOS] Centos on eeePC

Michael Simpson mikie.simpson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:06:43 UTC 2008

On 6/23/08, wonderer <wonderer4711 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Are there any experiences for CentOS 5 on one eeePC of Asus? Is to be
> considered here something?
> I consider myself as secondary equipment one eeePC 900 to add (here in
> Germany unfortunately at present only with Windows at this time). Did
> someone already gain experiences with one of the predecessor models here?
>

> sincerly
> Henrik

I have no experience with the eee but i can tell you that the atheros
5007 wifi chipset is not a lot of fun to get sorted out.
Reminds me of using broadcom wifi before the b43 driver came out.
If you wish to stay within the RedHat sphere as it were then there is
this info on using fedora 9 with the eee.

<http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=29477>

and

<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EeePc>

I seem to remember that there was work being done at FOSDEM on
installing CentOS on an eee but it seems problematic!

mike