[CentOS] 3ware 9650 issues

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Jun 23 18:48:46 UTC 2008

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> I've been having no end of issues with a 3ware 9650SE-24M8 in a server
> that's coming on a year old.  I've got 24 WDC WD5001ABYS drives (500GB)
> hooked to it, running as a single RAID6 w/ a hot spare.  These issues
> boil down to the card periodically throwing errors like the following:
>
> sd 1:0:0:0: WARNING: (0x06:0x002C): Command (0x8a) timed out, resetting
> card.

9650SE with 8 ports on a couple servers running CentOS 5 64 bit. Pretty
heavily used database servers, lots of bursts of disk activity. No
problems so far. I'm using the binary driver provided by 3ware.

I'm testing now the 16 port version for newer servers, no problems there
either (but not much usage yet, of course).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/