[CentOS] Re: Re: Re: CentOS 5.2 is here!

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Tue Jun 24 11:41:51 UTC 2008

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>>> I like to keep reasonably up-to-date with distributions I am running,
>>> so would like to update to Centos-5.2 as and when it is released.
>> ----
>> you will be up to date simply by running 'yum update'
>> When 5.2 is released, those updates will be installed
> Are you saying that simply running "yum update" on a Centos-5.1 system
> will convert it to Centos-5.2, as and when that is released?

All upgrades / updates in the major versions (5.0 -> 5.1 -> 5.1) will
happen automatically when you run yum upgrade, and when it's officially
released for updates. And I'm almost certain most, if not every, other
Linux distro also works like this

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers
CEO, SoftDux