[CentOS] how to downgrade from CentOS 5.2 to CentOS 5.1?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Jun 24 21:48:35 UTC 2008

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> I've run into some trouble with a new cPanel VPS, and noticed that it's
> running CentOS by default, installed via the CentOS http server.
>
> My question is, how do I downgrade CentOS to 5.1?

There is no way to downgrade, however you can install from a centos-5.1
tree, but centos-5.1 is 5.2 minus a bunch of security upgrades.

We will eventually be moving the 5.1 tree to vault.centos.org, but if
you want to use it for an extended period of time, you should probably
download the tree to a local mirror.