[CentOS] 5.2 blues

Dunc centos at duncb.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 12:45:20 UTC 2008

Johnny Hughes wrote:

> If there is something in the conf file that needs to change (that
> worked in 5.1 and does not in 5.2) let us know and we can add it to
> the release notes and/or wiki.

It was in the listening section as follows:

# A space separated list of IP or host addresses where to listen in for
# connections. "*" listens in all IPv4 interfaces. "[::]" listens in all
IPv6
# interfaces, but may also listen in all IPv4 interfaces depending on the
# operating system. Use "*, [::]" for listening both IPv4 and IPv6.
#
# If you want to specify ports for each service, you will need to configure
# these settings inside the protocol imap/pop3 { ... } section, so you can
# specify different ports for IMAP/POP3. For example:
#   protocol imap {
#     listen = *:10143
#     ssl_listen = *:10943
#     ..
#   }
#   protocol pop3 {
#     listen = *:10100
#     ..
#   }
listen = "*"
#listen = [::]

The listen bit defaults to [::]. I had to change it to "*" as above
otherwise I couldn't connect to it. (connection refused)

As it says above, [::] only listens on IPv4 'depending on the operating
system'. So something has changed from 5.1 to 5.2 which means that is no
longer the case.

thanks

Dunc