[CentOS] Centos 5.2 Install - lvcreate failed for ...

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jun 25 16:39:06 UTC 2008

!st install of 5.2; system requires custom partitioning (Scalix mail
server).

Boot and Swap are hard partitions, rest of drive is LVM.

In LVM, three ext3 partitions:  /, /home, /var/opt/scalix

lvcreate failed for the last (named Scalix_02).  It was the last of the
three partitions and used up the remainder of the LVM space.

Now 'The Installer will now exit..." And all there is is a Reboot button.

Any idea on what the real error is, how to find out more, what to try
next?  It did take me a bit to walk through the packet selection.

Next I will try to build a more normal system  :)