[CentOS] updating to 5.2 from local repo

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Jun 26 14:24:23 UTC 2008

Robert Moskowitz wrote on Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:37:32 -0400:

> You can build your base repo from the iso images via Nautilus.

Well, I don't have the iso here ;-) I install via http from local repos since
5.1 came out. But I didn't sync base since then as it wasn't necessary
(nothing's going to change). Now it is.

> Did you do a yum clean all first?  that was giving me all sorts of errors.

After I got the same errors I did a clean for metadata, headers and dbcache.
Then running against the mirror list was fine. I assume the cleaning of the
headers fixed it. Once my base sync is finished I'm gonna clean again and then
try the update again.

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany