[CentOS] CentOS roadmap/EPEL

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 26 14:34:32 UTC 2008

admin wrote:
>  > the CentOS DirServer has been in the
>> testing repo for a bit, and the same with
>> cobbler/koan/func/smolt/maatkit etc.
>
> Is the testing repo publicly accessible? If so, where?
>
> Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I can't find it on
> mirror.centos.org or searching the website for "testing repo".

it is public, however we dont want people using it widely. Which is why
there isnt much info about it outside the centos devel lists. We dont
want to break everyone's installs with packages that might not be
suiteable for production.

The whole point of the testing repo is that people can test the packages
there, and once there is enough feedback those packages move to the
mirror.centos.org repos'.

Over the next few days - maybe week to ten days - we will work out a
better or an alternative testing mechanism that more people would /
should be able to use and provide feedback on. Till then I highly
recommend sitting tight! And once there is a process plan, I shall make
sure its put out in as many places as possible, so if you have anything
to do with CentOS, you will hear about it.

Not sure if this answers your question, but I hope it helps

- KB