[CentOS] Re: Kernel panic from install CD

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jun 26 17:54:33 UTC 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 6-26-2008 7:16 AM Robert Moskowitz spake the following:
>> Ralph Angenendt wrote:

>>> Read the Release Notes.
>>>
>> Now I have to find them again...  ;)'
>>>>

>>> That already happened:
>>>
>>> <http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2912> (and there is a link to the
>>> upstream bug there).
>> I just added my comment.
> Has anyone tried the 2.6.18-92.1.6 kernel released today to see if
> this problem went away?
This is an open bug at Redhat.  Originally they said, 'gee we will fix
this for 5.3'.  Tim Verhoeven pointed out that would leave all of us
with this problem back at the 5.1 kernel and no security patches until
5.3.  I pointed out that you cannot even do a fresh install of 5.2 on
such a server.  Hopefully, they will get the message and fix this.