[CentOS] 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5xen hangs Samba daemon

Brett Serkez bserkez at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 18:43:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm running 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.bz_pre53 and samba is working for me.  There was
> an rpmnew question during the update.  Could that be the problem?

I run into the problem with: 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5xen, the xen version of
the kernel.

Just to re-verify the issue, I rebooted back to the above kernel and
this time Samba starts right up no problem!

I had tried this earlier and it did not.  I'll have to keep an eye on
it over time and see if the behavior changes again.

Brett