[CentOS] 5.1 to 5.2 upgrade - perfectly smoothe

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Jun 28 23:23:21 UTC 2008

Alain Terriault wrote:
> the only problem I had was with ldap.
> the fix is at http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/nss_ldap/5/x86_64/
> without this update, I am not sure anyone can have a stable 5.2 on ldap
> it all my problems with Mailscanner (email), perl and webmin
> thanks,

The only problems I encountered -

One third party app had to be rebuilt because of gecko-libs. That app
actually had a configure switch to not use gecko-libs, so I just
recompiled it that way so it won't be an issue again.

Madwifi needed a patch because RH backported a fix from a newer kernel
into the shipping kernel, so an if block in

had to be commented out for madwifi kmod to build.

Other than that - everything went extremely smooth on 3 different boxes.