[CentOS] xorg and backlight

Andrej Moravcik centos at datalock.sk
Sun Jun 29 21:18:28 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have found one problem after upgrading to CentOS 5.2 x86 on my HP
Compaq nx7010 laptop.  When I close and open lid, backlight is not
turned on again. I can see my desktop, but the only thing I can do is
press CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE to restart X11. Then the backlight is restored.
xorg.conf is generic, created by installation process. I use ATI
proprietary driver 8.28.08 (the last which support Mobility Radeon
9200). I would appreciate any hint or help.

believed to be clean.