[CentOS] 3ware performance in CentOS

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Jun 30 18:10:34 UTC 2008

Jim Perrin wrote:

> Nope. This is just a long-standing performance thing. You can tune
> ext3 to perform better, but on a 3ware card xfs will win, hands down.

Well, after performing more mental ruminations on this subject,
restoring the database in case of a crash might be a pain, so I may have
to avoid XFS in this particular case.

Can somebody recommend a RAID card, about the same price range like the
3ware 9650SE, and with similar features, 8 SATA ports or more, that
works well with CentOS 5 and does not have the Ext3 performance bug?

There's a bunch of cards out there, but I'd like to hear from someone
with first-hand experience with one of them.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/