[CentOS] drbd strategy

Mon Jun 2 00:44:50 UTC 2008
sbeam <sbeam at onsetcorps.net>

Thanks guys for the info. I understand that the secondary machine needs a /var
too while in standby, and since it can't also mount it as part of the DRBD
array, then it has to be a vanilla partition on both machines. Thanks for
clearing that up.

On Saturday 31 May 2008 09:28, Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
> You would be better off by using a DRBD partition for "/var/lib/mysql"
> and leaving the rest of "/var" out of DRBD.

But DRBD only replicates entire physical devices right? So I would have to
re-partition... if so I can't do that.

But we could move mySQL files to /home or something as well. Not pretty but it
should work.