[CentOS] using windows ad accounts for centos 5

Thu Jun 5 23:06:28 UTC 2008
Isaac Gonzalez <igonzalez at autoreturn.com>

Hi I read and used the article
http://blog.wazollc.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=2 to authenticate my ad
accounts when logging on to cent 5...however, once I edit the
nsswitch.conf file, I can't even log on as root or any local users
anymore. Kinit seems to initialize fine doing a kinit
username at MYDOMAIN.COM , however doing a getent passwd adusername ....it
just sits there in the shell and does nothing. I actually had to put all
files back to where they were before the change to even be able to login
locally or use sudo.

I followed the steps line by line on this article but get stuck
everytime....anyone has an idea or a better documented way of achieving
what I am trying to do , please let me know.

Thanks,

Isaac