[CentOS] USB Ethernet dongles

Tue Jun 17 21:53:35 UTC 2008

Speaking of USB devices (recent thread on wireless USB),  I need at
least 4 USB ethernet dongles, cheap.  So on EBay I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-10-100-USB-to-Ethernet-Network-LAN-Adapter-NIC-RJ45_W0QQitemZ230262173544QQihZ013QQcategoryZ11182QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-to-RJ45-LAN-Ethernet-Network-Adapter-Vista-A37_W0QQitemZ160249647807QQihZ006QQcategoryZ67279QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-to-10-100-MB-LAN-Ethernet-Network-Adapter-Converter_W0QQitemZ230261665893QQihZ013QQcategoryZ11182QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now these specific auctions have ended, but these items are there from
the sellers multiple times.

Trying to find out if any of them will work for Centos.  One is listed
as using RealTek chipset, but not which one.

I asked the sellers about chipsets to find out about Linux support and
the first one listed the seller just restated it works for Windows....

Any help would be appreciated.  I need these for test systems so best is
it works and is cheap....