[CentOS] mod perl query

Wed Jun 18 08:42:38 UTC 2008
Ross Cavanagh <ross-cavanagh at bm-sms.co.jp>

fabian dacunha wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have recently installed centos 5 and working fine
>
> now i have a query with apache
>
> 1) does apache gets installed with mod perl with the defult install of
> centos 5
>
> cause when i start up apache there is no mention of mod perl
>

> also
> httpd -l | egrep mod_perl
>
> prints nothing
>
> if mod perl is not install with installation of Centos how could i install
> apache with mod perl support
>
> apprecite your help
>
> regards
>
> fabian

just yum install mod_perl should do the job.

yum search mod_perl

mod_perl.i386                            2.0.2-6.3.el5
base
Matched from:
mod_perl
Mod_perl incorporates a Perl interpreter into the Apache web server,
so that the Apache web server can directly execute Perl code.
Mod_perl links the Perl runtime library into the Apache web server and
provides an object-oriented Perl interface for Apache's C language
API.  The end result is a quicker CGI script turnaround process, since
no external Perl interpreter has to be started.

Install mod_perl if you're installing the Apache web server and you'd
like for it to directly incorporate a Perl interpreter.