[CentOS] lvm with iscsi devices on boot

Thu Jun 19 18:42:16 UTC 2008
Raja Subramanian <rajasuperman at gmail.com>

Hi All,

My CentOS 5.1 server is using iSCSI attached disks connecting
to a dual controller storage array.  I have also configured multipathd
to manage the multiple paths.  Everything works well, and on
boot the dev nodes are automatically created in /dev/mapper.
On these devices, I have created logical volumes using lvm2.

My problem is that lvm does not recognize these iscsi/multipath
volumes on boot up.  I need to manually run "vgchange -ay"
and mount the logical volumes by hand.

I tried running the vgchange and mount commands from
/etc/rc.local, but that has no effect.  I have verified that
/etc/rc.local itself is executing correctly.

What do I need to put in my boot up scripts so logical volumes
in iscsi/multipathd devices are automatically recognized on boot?

TIA!

- Raja