[CentOS] how do I manage a Dell PE 860 server via IPMI?

Fri Jun 20 21:36:56 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

Hi all

I'm trying to get to grips with this one, but just can't figure it out.
I recently acquired some 2nd hand Dell Poweredge 860 servers, and
noticed that they have built in remote management interfaces. So, I have
setup one, and assigned an IP address to it, but have no idea on how to
access it remotely. Google'ing for an answer didn't bring me more than
general product information about various different IPMI stuff.

So, how do I actually access these servers remotely? If possible, I'd
like todo it via another CentOS server at the DC using SSH.

tia :)

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers