[CentOS] backup question

Sun Jun 22 08:00:34 UTC 2008
Gergely Buday <gbuday at gmail.com>

Dear CentOs users,

I have a centos server with nothing important at the moment, but I
would like to install some web-based project management tool (trac for
the curious) that would contain important data. And, as my network is
growing the configuration of the server is becoming complex. I would
like to have a proper backup so that I can restore the whole system
easily, should any problem occur. What do you recommend?

I'm not an expert on this, so my first idea is that I could do a per
application backup and create a tar file of the /etc. The latter
especially could be too naive. And, a push-the-button method that
handles all in once, not depending on the app number would be much
better.

Another thing: how I could do this to be safe across a centos upgrade?

- Gergely