[CentOS] preferred software RAID 10?

Wed Jun 25 17:24:52 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

Hi all

I'm looking at setting up software RAID 10, using CentOS 5.1 x64 - what
is the best way todo this?

I'm reading some sources on the internet, and get a lot of different
"suggestions"

1 suggestion says to boot up with a Live CD like Knoppix or
SystemRescueCD, setup the RAID 10 partitions, and then install Linux
from there.
2. Another is to setup a small RAID 1 on the first 2 HDD's, install
Linux, bootup, and then setup the rest as RAID 10

The others didn't really make sense to me, so how do I actually do this?

And then, how do I setup the partitioning? Do I setup /boot on a
separate RAID "partition"? If so, what happens if I want to replace the
1st 2 HDD's with bigger ones?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers