[CentOS] Lots of Centos 5.2 updates already

Wed Jun 25 20:38:12 UTC 2008

I just completed my first 5.2 install.  For 'completeness' I 'tested
out' yum update.

Guess what?  For this minimum install, there were 43Mb of updates to
download.

So I went over to my local repo server and setup a /centos/5.2/updates
directory and started the rsync to get all the updates:

155 files taking up 943Mb.  Already.  Wow!  Perhaps something to do with
the initial build problem?  But anyone that does an install from the
CDs/DVD and includes OpenOffice, then turns around and updates, is in
for a scary supprise.  Yet another reason for the local repos....