[CentOS] download centos 5.2

Sun Jun 29 06:50:10 UTC 2008
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

fabian dacunha wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have download the centos 5.2 iso from the Centos website but the
> downloaded file seems to be split in 2 parts
>
> 52617147 Jun 28 23:45 CentOS-5.2-i386-bin-DVD.iso
> 3967983685 Jun 19 20:24 CentOS-5.2-i386-bin-DVD.iso.1
>

> i also ran a md5sum but the md5 checksum is different
>
> i would appreciate if someone cd help me
> or tell me a site where i cd download CentOS 5.2

hard to say what happened when you downloaded,  what program did you use
to download it it?    `wget` has a habit of creating a .1 file if its
told to download a file that already exists in the same directory.
obviously, that first file you list above is way too short.   Its
possible that 2nd file is the whole .iso, did you run a md5sum against it ?

Most of the mirrors do NOT have the DVD .iso file as its just too
big.      I'd suggest using a torrent program such as rtorrent or
ctorrent or whatever, with the .torrent file that should have been in
the same directory as that .ISO