[CentOS] CentOS-Samba question

Sun Jun 1 08:01:02 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 5:55 PM, John <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think your reading the wrong guide, try this one and this has traversed on
> long enough. Almost Two weeks now.

1) This has been going on, on and off, for a lot longer than two weeks.
2) I was hoping that it would be considered "long enough" when the
problem is solved.
3) My samba configuration is only a part of the problem, and it works
for my Windows XP guest, even with all the tweaks I've added/used.
The problem also has (a lot) to do with the Windows configuration,
which may not be perfect, since I used the "wrong guide" to set it up
and check it, but nothing here even addresses that.

But thank you for your opinion.

> Samba 3 By Example:
> http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba3-ByExample/
>
> Samba 3 How To:
> http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba3-HOWTO.pdf
> http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba3-HOWTO/

These were where I started out, and how I got what I have to work with
my WXP guest in the first place.  I was using the other guide as an
additional resource - it /is/ on the samba site, after all, and they
don't appear to have a step-by-step guide for samba 3+.

Thanks.

mhr