[CentOS] RE: Largish filesystems [was Re: XFS install issue]

Mon Jun 2 17:48:51 UTC 2008
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

mslist at opcenter.net wrote:

> If there was a way to create a Linux (Centos) 100TB -
> 500TB or larger clustered file system with the nodes
> connected via infiniband that was easily manageable with
> throughput that can support multiple 10Gbps Ethernet
> connections I would be very interested.

Check out Cheslio's line of adapters and drivers for 10G
iSCSI.

As for file systems there is only really one for that scenario,
GFS, as OCFSv1 only goes up to 8TB and OCFSv2 is still a
technology preview. Besides GFS is included in the distro!

You will need to run the nodes 64-bit though to see the
8EB file system limit with GFS as 32-bit GFS has a file
system limit of 16TB.

-Ross