[CentOS] Re: CentOS 64bits can't boot

Tue Jun 3 02:58:19 UTC 2008
Victor Padro <vpadro at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>
wrote:

>   >I was able to install RHEL 4 with no install parameters, but I can't
> upgrade using the RHEL 5 DVD, still the same issue..no HD detected in
> install process.
>
>  What does your bios say for SATA config? I use many asus mobo's for
> desktop/lab/home setups.
>
> That mobo should work, all mine have the SATA config set to AHCI.
>
> jlc

It supports SATA, RAID and AHCI, SATA and RAID setup doesn't see the HD in
the install process, even if you load the driver using a floppy disk from
nVidia or loading drivers provided in CentOS/RHEL using the "linux noprobe"
parameter.
And the AHCI does install CentOS, but when the install process its finished
it boots up and says "could not mount such file system, not such file or
directory"

cheers.

Victor.