[CentOS] INN Python support in Centos 5.1

Wed Jun 4 08:41:41 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

David Hláčik wrote:
> Hello . i want to ask several questions :
>
> 1) Is INN on Centos5.1 compiled with python auth hooks support?

Look in the spec file in the src.rpm. No idea. But ldd /path/to/innd
should also be able to tell you if it is linked against python:

        libpython2.4.so.1.0 => /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0 (0xb7d4d000)

(That's on a debian box, so it might differ on yours).

> 2) If i want my messages on news server to keep forever (history) , should i
> change expire.ctl?
>    What i need to set

hlacik.*:A:never:never:never

(last match is used, so if you have some other matching entry *below*
that, this will not work. Just put it as the last line).

Cheers,

Ralph