[CentOS] 5.1 Anaconda Install Error

Wed Jun 4 16:00:26 UTC 2008
Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Kirk Bocek wrote:
>> I didn't provide the details because it was strange that the
>> installation failed at the same point regardless of the booting method I
>> used. It felt like some basic mistake or mis-setting in the OS. But hey,
>> I've been wrong before.
>
> Anything interesting on vc#1,3,4,5 ? how about run remote syslog and see
> if anything interesting gets in there....

I modified the kickstart file to include the line "logging
--host=logginghostname". I added '-r' to the syslog options on the logging
host and restarted syslog. I PXE booted into a new install.

It crashed a the usual way, right after the "Anaconda Starting" message. A few
lines of what I believe are Python display but scroll off of the console. The
last messages displayed are:

	Install exited abnormally [1/1]
	You may safely reboot

On vc3, three warnings:

	No floppy device found but we'll try fd0
	Graphical install unavailable  ((I gave the 'text' option at startup))
	Unable to find temp path, going to use ramfs path

On vc4, nothing seemed special, last message:

	No IPv6 routers present

vc5 and vc6 are blank.

I could not find any messages regarding this installation on the remote
logging host. I've never done this remote logging before. Is there a step I
missed setting it up?

Thanks,
Kirk Bocek