[CentOS] Re: Live CD?

Wed Jun 4 19:24:17 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

> Corrupted CD maybe?

Could be.  I burned it at 40x (it's a 48x TDK CD) using K3B with write
verification, so it passed the md5sum after the write completed.  I
suppose it could be an incompatibility between my burner (a Pioneer
18xXxXx DVD burner) and the reader (a TEAC CD-540E).

I noticed that the target system, which normally runs (well, actually,
walks is more like it) Ubuntu 8, only has 256MB of memory - could that
be part of it?

The other oddball thing was that, after we had booted the LiveCD and
given up on it, we had to reboot the Ubuntu in repair mode to get it
back up (!!!).

I haven't tried it anywhere else just yet....

mhr