[CentOS] Installing GLIBC for CentOS 4.6

Wed Jun 4 21:11:42 UTC 2008
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Dongyoon Lee <dongyoon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to modify pthread library ( e.g. manipulating some functions )
> in glibc, so I want to compile and install modified glibc.
> However, I failed to compile glibc and need some help. How can I fix the
> problem?

Messing with glibc must be done very carefully since the entire distro
depends on it. Also, updating glibc via source, when the system
expects an rpm is REALLY going to screw things up.

If you absolutely, positively have to mess with glibc, get the src.rpm
and rebuild with your own options.

George Orwell