[CentOS] tzdata, Greenwich zone: URGENT!

Thu Jun 5 15:29:13 UTC 2008
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Thursday 05 June 2008 11:14:16 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > This is driving me crazy.  Now I can make an appointment for 10a.m., and
> > depending on which computer I use to read the korganizer file it may show
> > up as 10a.m. or 11a.m., and there's no indication, of course, which
> > computer originated the entry, so I can't tell which is the correct
> > version.
>
> make sure the Hardware clock on all the machine is correct ( or setup
> and run ntpd ) and make sure that they are all on a valid timezone (
> just typing 'date' on the command line should tell you ). If that still
> does not resolve the issue I'd guess your next action would be to post
> on the kde lists about this issue. Perhaps you have different versions
> of the same s/w on different machines - and they handle timezone
> adjustments differently ( as in, one version does, and another does not )

I still can't find the difference between the boxes.  KDE - it's possible.
I've tried to ask a couple of times, but haven't managed to get the message
clear enough to get an answer.  The whole thing is extremely confusing.  If I
solve it I'll post the resolution, for the sake of the archives.

Anne