[CentOS] Web proxy/content filter w/ AD integration

Sun Jun 8 21:32:04 UTC 2008
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I need to setup a proxy that does transparent auth to AD, does anyone
> have experience or suggestions for a setup that will run in CentOS? I came
> across an article on integrating Squid with Windows AD for auth but it
> doesn't auth transparently (is that even possible?).

Yes it is and i've configured it several times . You have to use
samba/winbind for that.
It does it transparently in the way that for M$ Internet Explorer it
will never ask a username/password , but it will for everything else.
I've even wrote a 'small-and-quick-and-dirty' tutorial when i deployed
it on CentOS 4.x ... (please note that it has surely to be updated ..
;-) ) : http://www.arrfab.net/?topic=tutorials&id=squid

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>