[CentOS] Copying files from specific date.

Mon Jun 9 15:34:18 UTC 2008
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Jun 9, 2008, at 11:16 AM, Rajeev R. Veedu wrote:
> Does anyone aware of any utility  to copy files which are created
> or modify form a specific date ?.

to copy all files in /dir1 modified within the last 5 days to /dir2:

$ find /dir1 -mtime -5 | xargs -I {} cp {} /dir2

if the filenames have whitespace in them, you can use this trick:

$ find /dir1 -mtime -5 -print0 | xargs -0 -I {} cp {} /dir2

for more details on selecting by time:

$ man find

pay particular attention to the options -atime, -amin, -ctime, -cmin,
-mtime, -mmin, and -daystart.

-steve
--

If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v