[CentOS] sendmail not sending after reboot

Mon Jun 9 15:42:27 UTC 2008
Ray Leventhal <centos at swhi.net>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> so, it's a connection to itself. was this a test to localhost?
> If not, that hints in the direction of the problem.
> Maybe you accidentally set the smarthost to itself or so?
> I'd try a manual connect and walk thru an SMTP conversation and send a mail.
> Also, clients can produce debug log files, too, even Microsoft products ....
>
> Kai

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, that one was a connection to itself...but
the msg remains when connecting from a client.  My last post must have
crossed with yours.
It now appears to be nothing more than a server timeout issue which is
very strange as this server's load averages are /always/ < .10.

I'm not sure what might have changed since the reboot on Sunday
morning....am now looking at what is or is not running against the
snapshot taken on Friday night.
Do you think it's wise to replace the sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc files
from the snapshot (after backing them up, of course)?

-Ray