[CentOS] Re: Compact Flash..

Mon Jun 9 16:58:10 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 6-9-2008 3:40 AM Peter Farrell spake the following:
>  I generally will do one of two things in addition to my normal backups.
>
> 1. run a cron that exports the database, then gzip it - I rsync that
> off to another machine.
> 2. I replicate the database to other machines in the same tier.
>
> I agree about the CF failure as well. No biggie. I would copy it's
> partition somewhere else once a week for a potential restore of just
> such a failure.
>
> -Peter
I could see the CF as a faster boot, but it might just be easier to software
raid 2 drives and not worry about the mix. One drive fails, you swap and
resync, 2 drives fail, well you did say something about backups!  ;-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and