[CentOS] netboot, vnc and no keyboard/mouse/monitor

Mon Jun 9 19:58:52 UTC 2008
Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs.com>

I know I would certainly be interested in this... please post!!!  :-)

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105

----- Original Message -----
From: "dnk" <d.k.emaillists at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 9, 2008 2:55:00 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [CentOS] netboot, vnc and no keyboard/mouse/monitor

hey guys,

I just created a custom netboot cd, that launches and loads from a
http source, but connects to a vnc listening viewer. All in all, not
hard to do, but what is different with this one is that it skips the
media check, has no prompts and allows you to start the install on a
machine that has no keyboard/mouse/monitor. Was handy for me as when i
have some boxes to load, I just plug in power and ethernet in the
corner (or where ever I have room) and go through the install.

I know it also works with a cd as a source (if you use it from cd 1),
and assume it would also work with a DVD (have not tested yet).

If you would like it, I can add to the wiki if anyone would like it.

DNK