[CentOS] sendmail not sending after reboot

Mon Jun 9 20:35:00 UTC 2008
Ray Leventhal <centos at swhi.net>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Ray Leventhal wrote on Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:42:27 -0400:
>

>> Do you think it's wise to replace the sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc files
>> from the snapshot (after backing them up, of course)?
>>

> If you did not change the files: no. As I said: go thru a manual send and
> check *where* the timeout occurs (better: repeat it a few times to be sure
> it's always in the same phase). The messages in the logs are not very
> clear about this. If your users have to authenticate before sending this
> could be a typical point-of-failure where after the reboot the
> authentication against an external mechanism is somehow hampered. I guess,
> you do have any spam protection on the machine as you said it's not taking
> external mail?
>
> Kai

nothing but vanilla stuff here, for email.  no milters, no spam
protection...it's a tiny intranet (<20 users).  We don't auth on sending
at all...and that's what got me puzzled.

I will do as you suggested;  I'll telnet from a client-host and do the
same.  Funny though, when ssh'd into the box, using pine works without
hesitation, I guess because I'm already auth'd.

Thanks for your input.
-Ray